ALWAYS TIME TO TALK

DAY 37:  Each day, to spend time with God, I have chosen to read a little in the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs; and invariably I find that God has something to show me in all of it. Proof again of His promise that if we will seek Him, we will find Him. What a delight to find Him there, in His Word, waiting for me.

Today, as I read in Exodus how Moses met God on the mountain and began to receive the instructions for how the Tabernacle would be built, God reminded me that if I want to work with Him I need to remember He is the boss.  Instead of telling Him all my plans, it would be good to get His input.  So I said, Okay God, I understand. What is your plan?

Next I moved to the New Testament. I read in Matthew the promises that Jesus would be coming again and it would be at an hour that I would not know or expect; He said, be ready and be about my business. Here at the end of the day, weary from quite a bit of His business, when I might have grumbled, His gentle reminder just makes me thankful.

Proverbs for the day warned of the destruction men face when they chase after an immoral woman. With three sons, two unmarried, I God prodded my heart to be praying for my boys.

And then I read David's Psalm to God ...and found that it put into words the places in my heart to deep for my own words to plumb.  So how do you express to God what your own mind does not even know how to form? Today, God invited me to pray the words He himself inspired thousands of years ago as if they were my very own.  As I did, I found my voice to cry out to God.

Psalm 30 A Psalm of Kim before the Lord:

 1 I will exalt you, LORD, for you rescued me time and time again.
      You refused to let my great enemy and your great enemy triumph over me.
 2 O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, because I have no where else to go
      and you restored my  health. Now Oh Lord I beg you to restorethe health of those I love so dearly.
 3 You brought me up from the grave, [a] when you gave me salvation, O LORD.
      You kept me from falling into the pit of death. Now keep those I love from that hated pit.
 4 You say, Sing to the LORD, all you godly ones!
      Praise his holy name. And in this weak and feeble voice Lord, I sing HOLY HOLY HOLY,
Lord God Almighty.... Worthy are you Lord to receive honor and glory forever!
 5 For your anger lasts only a moment,
      but Lord I know so well that your favor lasts a lifetime! Lord, please grant me your favor here in the land of the living so that I can sing of your goodness here.
   Weeping may last through the night,
      but joy comes with the morning. 
 6 When I was prosperous, I said,
      “Nothing can stop me now!” Because Lord nothing can stop the one who follows you.
 7 Your favor, O LORD, made me as secure as a mountain.
      Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.But God I discovered that it was only me turning away... in your faithfulness you have NEVER abandoned me Lord.
 8 So I cried out to you, O LORD.
      I begged you Lord for mercy, saying,
 9 “What will you gain if I die, or if those I love who honor and trust you die,
      if we sink into the grave when there is still time to praise you?
   Can my dust praise you?
      Can it tell of your faithfulness?
 10 Hear me, LORD, and have mercy on me.
      Help me, O LORD as you have helped me so many times before... as only You can help me.”
 11 I trust you Lord.  I ask without wavering.  My faith is in your goodness.
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
      You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
 12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
      O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever!


The greatest conversations we can  have with God often begin in His Living and Active Word, as we learn to find our voice in a beautiful exchange with the Father who loves us.



How will you cry out today?


Day 37 of 365 days with God:
Exodus 23:14-33
Exodus 24
Exodus 25
Matthew 24:29-51
Psalm 30:1-12
Proverbs 7:24-27





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LAST WORD

BIG FAT NO!

DONKEY EYES