MAKING TIME

DAY 4: Last night I received some very bad news. A precious friend who had recently been released from the hospital with pneumonia suffered a stroke.  At only 45 years old, she now lays in a hospital bed unable to recognize her own family.  The stroke has left her without her memory.  I love this friend and am desperate to help her.  I have cried out to God to restore her, heal her, make it right.  Does he hear me? He does!  

Perfectly knowing what my need would be on this very day, He planned to have a message waiting for me when I opened His word today.  I didn't have to hunt and find a message to make me feel better. I only had to open His word to the passage already planned for today.  God is there, ready to talk to us personally.  And today, of all days, He reminded me that HE IS A HEALER.  

Matthew 4:23 "And he healed the people who had every kind of sickness and disease... and whatever their illness and pain, or if they were possessed by demons, or were epileptics, or were paralyzed, he healed them all."  

God wasn't promising me that he would heal my friend, but He was reminding me that He is able to heal, willing to heal and and that He hears my pleading.  I can trust Him!  He added more comfort as I read the psalm for the day and encouragement to keep seeking His hand.  

WOW, what a thrill to know that God was waiting and ready for me to come to Him so He could pour Himself into my situation. He is waiting and ready to talk with you as well - no matter what your circumstances. He has encouragement, guidance, wisdom, and hope. All I have to do is make time to listen.

How did he meet you today?  Share your thoughts here and at our facebook community: HERE

And tune in every Sunday night for a live God-conversation at www.KSBJ.org at 7pm CST.  Just click the LISTEN LIVE link on the top of that web page.  

Day 4 of 365
Genesis 8
Genesis 9
Genesis 10
Matthew 4:12-25
Psalm 4:1-8
Proverbs 1:20-23
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG FAT NO!

THE LAST WORD

WHEN YOU'RE READY TO SPLIT