SHOUT IT OUT

DAY 15: Some people like to keep their spiritual life private.  They think of it as a personal thing. Truth be told, when my kids were younger, they wished desperately that I was one of those people.  They were sorely disappointed.  I love telling people what I am learning about God.  I get so excited when I discover something about His character or when I see His hand in my life.  They just wished I wasn't so excited about sharing it with THEIR friends.

Even now, when they bring home a college friend, if I happen to see God at work somewhere, I try to engage their friends in a conversation about it.  It's not that they are embarrassed about God - just about their mom from time to time.  As much as I want to make them "comfortable" and "happy" I admit that my enthusiasm gets the better of me most of the time.

I am happy to say that as they are getting older, they too are discovering the joy of telling someone else about how TOTALLY AWESOME God is.  They would still like me to tone it down, but in their own way they are "shouting from the rooftops" just as Jesus said we should.

Today, as I spent time with God, he reminded me that while I might embarrass my kids, it is pleasing to Him when I tell what I know.

From Matthew 10  said:

27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.  32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.


AND from Matthew 11:  6 "And tell him, ‘God blesses those who are not offended by me ’”

It's funny how much easier it is to "shout to the rooftops" to a group that are not my peers.  I can tell high school and college students about God's power and goodness all day long.  Yet God didn't call me to "shout" to the group in my comfort zone, but "for all the hear."  

"Shout" of course just means being heard above the crowd.  This week as I listen to God speaking to me about making him known to "all" I encounter, I am also asking for the courage to not worry who might be "offended" and instead help me acknowledge him openly.  

May it never be that I am embarrassed by Christ, 
when He so graciously walks with a mess like me!  



What did you hear from God today that you would "shout from the rooftops?"  POST YOUR COMMENT AS YOUR OWN SHOUT 


Day 15 of 365
Genesis 31:17-55
Genesis 32:1-12
Matthew 10:24-42
Matthew 11:1-6
Psalm 13:1-6
Proverbs 3:16-18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG FAT NO!

THE LAST WORD

WHEN YOU'RE READY TO SPLIT